Sunday, January 8, 2012

21 Days of Fasting and Prayer

01-08-2012


Day One

Today we will gather as a congregation and begin a 21 day adventure together of fasting and prayer. Corporately we will sacrifice food, time and activity, seeking Jesus with increased time of prayer.



Pray the Word

2 Chronicles 7:14-16
If my people, who belong to me, will humble themselves, pray, seek to please me, and repudiate their sinful practices, and then I will respond from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.  Now I will be attentive and so we are in fact together.  Responsive to the prayers offered in this place. Now I have chosen and consecrated this temple by making it my permanent home; 
I will be constantly present there.



On January 1, 2012, I committed to 2.5 hours per day of devoted adoration to Jesus, through worship and prayer. I will continue to sacrifice this time each day, tithing it to the one who gave His life for me.  It is only 10% of my day, but He is worth it!

Personally fasting solid foods is what I feel called to do, I wanted this fast to be sacrificial, I wanted it to cost me something. I am seeking God for more than I have ever asked of Him before and I want Him to know I am willing to go the distance and be set apart to be with Him.  

I will share insight through the following resources during the next 21 days.
The Bible 
The Miracle Results of Fasting by Dave Williams
Commanding your Morning by Cindy Trimm
Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets

Plus...Special daily messages from Pastor Londa Lundstrom Ramsey













No comments:

Post a Comment