Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The art of saying I'm sorry...


For those of you who "know" me, I trust you know the intention of my heart and for that I value you in my life. I am thankful for those who speak to me with boldness and truth...thank you for holding me accountable to a higher call.

I value you.

My intention is to live in such a way to speak life and truth, to unveil that which is hidden and to bring healing to a hurting world; it's what drives me to share things many times are on the edge... I share things to stir, to shake, to provoke the world out of the complacent place. I need to be held accountable to do what I am called to do...and not blur the lines.

I am called to be a voice; not an echo....



Most times I get it right.

Sometimes though, I trip and fall flat on my face...



Hence, the recent posted article with a very provoking title - If you saw it - you know what I am talking about -- If you didn't -- thats a good thing!

I am not about to share it here!

For those who were hurt, offended, confused by what was posted on my facebook - I am sorry. Please forgive me. I have no excuse, no justification.

I can only offer my thought and intention and pray you see my heart.

First: My intention was to diffuse what others were posting. I saw others were posting the article, I read it and hesitated sharing it.

Second: I prayed and actually waited 24 hours before I shared it. You see, I believed it was an excellently written article, but I knew the potential was there for it to shake some feathers...I know my voice is one others listen too and because I proceeded to write a summary of the article explaining why I was sharing it...I hoped others would see I had the best intentions.

I wanted to encourage people to read the article, to see both sides...but that title was like a flashing red stop sign!

oh!! That provactive title...it was the unraveling!!


In the few minutes the article was posted on my facebook page, it caused a huge shockwave because no one saw beyond the title...this is why I am sorry for sharing it.

Although it was removed in less than five minutes -- It was like knocking down a hornets nest and I got stung hard!

Lesson Learned.

The words spoken & written bring life or death...I know this - its what I live...but this time...I blew it!


I am truly sorry if I caused hurt and offense to those who read the article and I want to publicly apologize for any harm I might have caused.

I hope you will understand my momentary lapse of good, sound judgement. I will be more thoughtful in the future.


Please forgive me.




Melody











No comments:

Post a Comment