Saturday, January 16, 2016

I AM CHALLENGE DAY SIXTEEN

I AM 
FORGIVEN


This is a beautiful word to speak over yourself.

 It feels so good!!  say it again: 

 I AM FORGIVEN. 

Its like you can hear the key going into the metal lock and the prison gate opening wide and allowing you the freedom forgiveness gives.

Are you walking fully in your purpose, forgiven and free? 

I remember a story Max Lucado shared in his book 
When God Whispers Your Name  about a sack of stones many of us carry. It brought a revelation of how, even though, I had accepted that Jesus had forgiven my sins...I wasn't living it out, because I was stuck, behind who I was and who I was becoming. 

There it is again...I was living 'by the blood' but denying the 'word of my tesimony' because I was still keeping myself imprisoned to my sack of stones...rejection, regret, shame, guilt condemnation..and secrets.

Go to the link, read the story of the sack of stones
and then come back here.



I literally get hives when I touch burlap, my skin is ultra sensitive to it, I find it interesting that this ugly, itchy material is now a trending decor product...our daughters graduation party had burlap and lace everywhere...what can't you do with burlap? Right?







The illustration that Max Lucado used of the itchy sack and carrying everywhere, really hit home with me - and I pray it did you too.

Did you name your stones?





When I began to meditate and ask the Lord to show me the stones I was taking with me everywhere I went, and He did...

no wonder I was weighed down, worn out, weary, feeling defeated...

it was mind boggling...



This was one of the keys the Lord used to help me get free. Its remarkable how a simple little story can be used in such a powerful way. 

First before I walked out of the prison I had locked myself in, I had to confess and repent for each and every stone, and then I needed to leave it behind.



It was like I had one of those doors from a NYC apartment keeping me locked inside - away from my purpose and potential! Some of the locks were like deadbolts, so old they had rusted shut...

These were my secrets.





Secrets buried so deep I kept them hidden for more than 3 decades, no one in my 'new life' had a clue. I believed that Jesus washed away all my sins, and He forgave me and forgot as far as the east is to the west...so why reveal those secrets to anyone else, ever? I buried them at the foot of the cross. I was free.

Or so I thought.

Because I kept the secrets, secret...I had no witness to the redemption for them. I couldn't share what he had done in any area of my life, because the risk was too great those secrets would be revealed.

I was a 'christian', right? 

photo credit Korey Mort

I had an image to uphold.  

I walked the walk, talked the talk, wore the tshirt and had the bumper sticker on my car. I am a conservative, I homeschooled my daughter. I looked good on the outside, the mask secured tightly. 

and then one day...

God began to stir things deep down inside and I knew what He wanted to do...and I didn't give in without a fight. He won. He always does. 


Something remarkable happened when I confessed my sins to another person, I broke. The image I had worked so hard to create shattered into a gazillion pieces. 

It was the greatest day of my journey. The day of reconciliation. The day I truly believed I was forgiven. 

From that place to here...I don't walk like other christians, I hope I walk like Jesus...Kind, compassionate and full of love. 

 I can freely give because I have been forgiven much.


How about you? Ready to soar?

SAY IT LOUD!













 Forgive Sanctus Real

Well the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
Im reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just wont let me forget

In this life
I know what Ive been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

Im forgiven
Im forgiven
And I dont have to carry
The weight of who Ive been
Cause Im forgiven

My mistakes are running through my mind
And Ill relive my days, in the middle of the night
When I struggle with my pain, and I wrestle with my pride
Sometimes I feel alone, and I cry

[chorus]
When I don't think and I dont feel like I belong anywhere
When I dont measure up to much in this life
Oh, Im a treasure in the arms of Christ cause









No comments:

Post a Comment