Saturday, January 9, 2016

I AM CHALLENGE DAY NINE

I AM 
HIS FAVORITE



Favorite, esteemed, dear, worthy of love”

Todays blog is a bit longer than most, I feel led to share a few stories to illustrate how the Lord brought the revelation that I AM His Favorite...
Grab your favorite beverage and find a comfy seat...read on..
I AM HIS FAVORITE! 
This is one I AM that I proclaim daily! 
A few years ago I attended a 4 day intense cathartic healing retreat, having dealt with the issues of rejection for so many years and I knew this retreat was what I needed. It changed my life. 
Everyday we walked through exercises to bring the bible to life in a real way, We walked it out. The one exercise that stands out the most was the Lazarus Exercise.
I was wrapped in ace bandgaes from head to toe, covered, unable to move, except for a small opening for my mouth and nose to breath. I was laid carefully on the floor, and then everyone left the room. It was silent, all I could hear was my own, unsure breath...what have I gotten myself into? 
The point of the exercise was to die. 
Not literally. But to lie quietly and spiritually die to the shame, guilt and condemnation that I had carried into the retreat...that I had lived with my entire life...


it was time to kill it, bury it, and be resurrected with the life that God intended for me.
A few moments later (it felt like an eternity) the staff came back in...I knew because I heard thier footseps...
They began to pray and declare the old is gone, that I am chosen, worthy and made new...
Then one spoke quiety in my ear. "live". Then as they spoke louder, Live...Live...LIVE!!!
I was sobbing, trying to wrestly myself out of the bondage I was in, but I could't, I wanted nothing more than to be free and then a voice spoke deep within my soul..." be at peace, all is forgiven, you are free".

My sobbing turned into a whimper, a deep, thankful cry. 

I knew it was over. I felt every ounce of guilt, shame and condemnation leave. I felt the life of all the lies from nearly 50 years wither and die right there...

I no longer struggled in the bondage of the bandages, I laid there, I began to just drink in the peace He promised...it was the most beautiful moment I have ever experienced.
I exhaled and they lifted me to stand and began to unwrap the bandages that were stained with my tears. They prayed and spoke life to me as they removed each layer, starting at my feet the bandages were removed and the presence of the Holy Spirit became tangible and I tasted my freedom. 
This song slays me everytime I hear it, because it reminds me of that day...please take the time and  allow the Lord to minister to you right in this moment...

Now, lets be real here...God is not biased or partial – the word does even say, He has no favorites...but...what I am saying is because of all God has done in my life,  I am favored!I thank Him for every little thing in my life. I give Him the credit.

We are all His favorite-- I am just claiming it!
Being His favorite has a price though...some people won’t like my witness and they won’t want people to hear God’s message through me.  They will want to shut me up and stop me from witnessing, because, its embarrasing to be around someone who lives their relationship with Jesus outloud, its uncomfortable or... it hurts their feelings.
It happened to me, I know.


One of my best freinds whom I treasure and I were on a 10 day road trip together, traveling across the midwest to visit her son at 
college. 

It was a wonderful trip.





But...there was this one thing that caused tension between us.
My witness saying:



"I AM 

His

Favorite"






Everytime someone commented on how beautiful my hair is, or if I got a special seat in a restaraunt, or found a penny, I proclaimed I AM His Favorite! I love watching peoples reaction...trust me, its a great conversation starter. 
But my freind, whom I love dearly and she me as well, became agitated every time I said it. She would roll her eyes, laugh, she was uncomfortable, it was noticeable. But I just kept doing it, because I AM his Favorite and I know it, I live it! 
Then a few days into the trip, as were were driving through a starbucks, I got a free coffee...and of course, I gave God the credit and told the cashier I AM His Favorite! 


We drove away, my friend (she was agitated) began to correct me, saying "God has no favorites and honestly, it bothers me when you say you are His favorite!" 

As she spoke I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit holding my tongue and I heard her voice  as if she were a young girl arguing with her sister ...The Lord was showing me  the wound He wanted to heal in her. 
To which I agreed, saying "I know! We are all His favorites! I am just claiming my inhetiance!" 
"Well, it bothers me" she said. 
I replied matter of factly. "OK. I am sorry it bothers you, and I love you, but thats between you and God.  He has done so much in my life and I know I am His favorite and I won't stop saying it, even for you"
Because I love my friend, I toned it down a little, but I did not stop. I can't stop ever praising all he has done for me!
The interesting part - is as the trip went along, when I said it, I made point to pause so she would here me say it, almost antagonizing her...on purpose..and a few times...she chimed in with a snarly voice - She's His Favorite to which I agreed I AM! We would both laugh. 

Several months later as she drove the same miles with her own sister, the Lord revealed the root of a wound as her sister was chosen above her during the trip, which the Lord led her to a time when they were young girls and her sister was chosen as the favorite and how deeply she had become wounded.
BINGO!
When she shared this with me, we cried. I was so happy the Lord brought healing to her and guess what...now she proudly proclaims She is His Favorite! Can you imagine what its like when we go out together now? Watch out world!
He wants to do that for you today too...
Jesus wants to bring healing to the pain from old words spoken that hurt you, left a void or caused you to feel rejected...God wants to uproot any lie spoken over you and fill those places with His endless love. 

Because...BELOVED...You ARE His Favorite too!


If you will recieve this revelation of your identity as being His Favorite it will lift you to a high place of living, where love, risk and  victory reign, despite what surrounds you...






No comments:

Post a Comment