Thursday, January 7, 2016

I AM CHALLENGE DAY SEVEN

I AM
INVITED


I actually wrote this blog post last fall and  I knew I wanted to share it again...as it fits today's I AM Challenge:

I AM Invited.  Read on!

My husband and I got an invitation to go to a very special leadership event. Ironic!

We accepted the invitation and I began to think about all that was involved in going. First I wondered...who would be there. I anticipated the people we would see, considering we hadn't seen most of them in more than a decade. I knew they would be warm and welcoming.

I began to prepare for the event. It was a semi-formal event, which meant I would dress things up a bit. I also made an appointment to get my nails done and my hair as well. It was a special event and I wanted to look my best!

By the time I decided what I would wear, and attended my appointments and got back home to get ready, it was time to go!

The event was wonderful and as expected, it was fabulous seeing so many old friends and acquaintances. We felt like royalty the way we were greeted and remembered by so many from our past. It felt like home.

How wonderful is it to be invited to something special? We all enjoy being considered, don't we?

On the same token, it hurts when we are left off the guest list, whether its an oversight or intentional, being uninvited, hurts.

Most of us have experienced a time when we're not invited to something and its possible it left a scar.

Recently I had to seek the Lord to help heal an old wound that was revealed, when a small gathering took place and I was left off the list. I sat home alone that evening, recuperating from a surgery, while the small group of women enjoyed an evening together. I'm not gonna lie. I was hurt. I felt betrayed. I felt as if no one really cared. I cried the ugly cry.

Have you ever felt that way? It stinks!

I wallowed in my own self pity for a few days until I finally sought the Lord and asked Him to reveal why this hurt so badly. He allowed me to pinpoint the first time I felt uninvited as a young girl left off the guest list of a birthday party. He showed me the unforgiveness I still carried in my heart and I repented, asked for forgiveness and the hurt went away.

There is sure to be times ahead where I will be left off a guest list, whether intentional or not and I will most likely feel the sting of rejection. I'm human. I get to decide how long I let it hurt.



This is why speaking I AM INVITED  is so important, its a reminder that we are all on the guest list, all we have to do is accept the invitation.



Jesus gave us a full rights to enter the throne room, to meet with the King, to feat at the banquet! Because of all He did, we don't have to wait on the outside looking in, we have the invitation. No one else needs to tell us what its like inside, there is no reserved seating for only the elite...because we accepted the invitation, we have an ALL ACCESS PASS!





Now that you have entered in and accepted the invitation...
get ready for week two of the I AM CHALLENGE...

Its time to go deep!



No comments:

Post a Comment