Monday, September 15, 2014

How then...do we love?

If I know Jesus, as I claim to know Him...

When someone shares their sin and shame with me...I want to have only one response...

to love.

With that love comes mercy, grace, forgiveness, compassion, guidance, and trust.

My heart is to help them to heal and to turn from their hurtful ways.

When someone shares their hurt from someones else's sin...I want to have only one response...

to love.

I want to be mindful not to jump on one side or the other. I want to speak life into the one who was betrayed and help them walk through the pain to a place of love, mercy, grace forgiveness, compassion and trust. I also want to love the one who caused the pain...with loving guidance and correction...hoping for repentance and humility.


Rebellion, arrogance, pride and intimidation closes doors.

When someone betrays me...I want to have only one response...

To love.

Its harder when its personal. I know I can't do it alone.

I can only do this by knowing the love of the one whom I betrayed, Jesus...yet He still went to the cross and died so that I may live...not just on this earth...but for all of eternity at His right side...to bask in the glory of all that is Heaven for all my days.

I will choose to love.

Now, I want to challenge you with a question.

What does Love look like?

Does love mean we look the other way when the one we love is unruly or rebellious?

No!  Love is not blind.

Does love mean allowing the one we love to continue to hurt others or to hurt themselves?

No!  Love is not complacent

Love rescues!

Loving unconditionally involves accountability, correction and discipline.

If our children, whom we love dearly, misbehave we correct, we discipline, we teach them to be accountable.

Right?

So then I ask a hard question...

Why then, when a beloved leader fails... if we use loving and biblical correction, is it viewed as hypocrisy?





#loveGodlovepeople
#speaklifeandlive
#imustgo

No comments:

Post a Comment