Saturday, November 1, 2014

Speak Life everywhere!




You never know where and when you can affect someone's day - speaking life isn't some method or formula - its living life with a great attitude and listening for opportunities to breathe life through your actions and words for someone else. Kindness matters.

Today it was at my local DSW Shoe store...shopping for BOOTS!!

Ahhh black boots -- the staple of winter wear for women all across America. When you find that perfect pair - you hardly even look at the price tag -- cause you know they are going to be in your closet for years!



You gotta love DSW -- every style of boot under one roof -- it takes careful planning - this is not the time to run in and grab -- you must be well fed and highly caffeinated - this will take time.

First rule when shopping for your basic black boot -- try everything on - what they look like on the shelf does not give a clue how they will look on you, and these boots will become a staple in your closet for years to come - if you choose wisely.

Plan at least an hour...






We all have our standards for what we want in the perfect boot. Narrow or wide -- give me room my cozy winter socks (cause in the heartland we are taking off our boots at the door and socks matter... I also prefer a boot that is sleek and tight on the calf. I am not a fan of over the knee, and... whats up with the entire row of 'hooker boots' - you know the ones that are thigh high??  (what message is this sending...ok that is for another blog post)!!





I love the western look, and the military straps. I can't wear pointy toes are high heeled boots ( because of the 7 inch plate in my leg, certain boots can bring excruciating pain)  I don't care if they are bargain brand or name brand -- real leather or faux -- the only thing that matters is -- do they fit - do they have a good sole and do they look and feel good?

You never know who you might run into as you spend hours in a shoe store trying on boots...


One woman at DSW today chummed up to me - (I have that affect on people)- she said with exasperation -- because somehow she felt she could (thats speak life through action) "this is almost as difficult as trying on jeans". I just stopped what I was doing and turned her way, it was as I climbed through the mountain of boots she was trying on and realized she was sight impaired -- so I inquired -- 'what are you looking for?' After she explained -- I knew the right boots for her -- cause -- lets be honest -- I tried almost every pair on the first hour I was there!!

Because I grew up with a dad who was blinded when I was 12 - I knew giving her directions to where these boots might be was not going to work -- I asked her what size -- and off I went! I found them and I came back with a pair for her and a pair for her helper too!!

Within seconds they were both squealing with delight. I had found the Perfect Boots for both of them !!

The store manager looked at me as if to offer me a job! HAHA - No Thank You!
I could have ignored her remark, looked at the heap of shoes, formed an opinion of their style and walked away - but that's not me !! I engage people everywhere I go. I am a connector!! I love talking to strangers and am thrilled when I can do something to brighten their day with a word or...in this case...an action.

I am thankful for chance meetings! Today I went out shopping for boots for myself and was blessed to help someone who was in need of a boost at the exact moment I was placed within hearing distance.

The only thing I did, was shine my light!





No comments:

Post a Comment