Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I AM CHALLENGE DAY TWELVE

I AM 
STRONG



I know this one is hard to proclaim, because I have heard from so many of you throughout the challenge...I know are weary, weak and wondering...how much longer must I wait? 

I have been there...I know the weary place. 

I am on the other side and you can get there too and soon believe what maybe today you merely speak...

I AM STRONG!

I say to you...wait...
until the answer comes. 
Because it will. 
God is faithful. 

I encourage you to read the entire chapter of Isaiah 40. Its such a great example of God revealing how Almighty He truly is!  He spells is out verse after verse and concludes with this Promise... "Those that wait..."

Oh there it is again...
If, Then...wait...pray...listen...

Its kind of a theme with God isn't it? 

Waiting...

What are you contending, waiting and praying for? 

Is it something beyond your capacity to make happen?  
Is it as grand as a dream being fulfilled or simple as your next job? 
Is it finding the solution to a problem or finding healing from a devastating illness? 
Is it something you are interceding for yourself...or perhaps for someone else?
Is it just making it through one more day?

There are so many things in life that waiting doesn't seem helpful. 

Perhaps you hear the clock ticking and the calendar pages turn without the results you hope for. 

Maybe you have 
grown weary in the waiting...



Perhaps you wonder...Where is God? 

I say to you...Keep waiting...Lean in...Seek Him...

His Reward is STRENGTH!

~

As I was praying for which path the Lord wanted for me to share with you about strength, He brought to mind a very special family, the Lubinski's. 

Mike and Mary and their children waited on the Lord during one of the hardest trials anyone could face. 

Cancer. 

When they got the diagnosis, their son Jay was only 19...this young man was their pride and joy, adored by all for his quirky, youthful outlook on life. When he entered a room, the atmosphere changed, you knew something fun was about to take place. Jay was a gem.

People from across the globe prayed diligently for his healing...

Though the battle raged viciously, Jay's heart for the Lord grew stronger through his illness, it was remarkable to see how deeply he sought after the heart of Jesus. 

Mike and Mary pressed in, with unshakeable faith. Not once did I hear them question the Lord, but instead, with great wisdom and understanding, they trusted He was in their midst, working things out for His glory...for whatever the outcome would be. 


Their hands were lifted in praise, and He gave them the strength,every day, to do what needed to be done.

I see how the Lord, gave them the strength to run and not grow weary as they drove hundreds of miles to Mayo Clinic weekly, but I didn't see the true strength He had for them, until after Jay lost his battle here on earth.


It was just a few weeks afterwards I witnessed a supernatural strength rise up in this family, the hearts genuinely smiled with a love for the Lord that was more than I bet they ever imagined they had. They praised Him even louder. 

How did they do that? They didn't. It was the Lord holding them up through their heartache. He was and is their strong tower...

I know this to be true...because I know them...they leaned in even closer to God, they waited and they chose to praise God no matter what. They chose to love God even if the answer was no.





That's strength! 

Thats Faith! 











I want to believe I could do the same, 
but you see thats the problem...
I can't!  
Not alone. 
The only sure way for me to have the that supernatural strength to help you ascend and soar above the trial only comes from the Lord.

How long are you willing to wait for your breakthrough?

I, too, have face numerous trials in my own life, and all required waiting on the Lord for the answer...

He has always come through.
Sometimes the answer is yes,
and sometimes its no...
and other times, it is just different 
than I expected...

I no longer question the why...
I just seek the who. 
I know God will work things out 
and I trust Him. 




This song has become an anthem for me during the battles I face...it reminds me what to do while I am waiting. It keeps me focused on the author and finisher of my faith...it keeps me strong in the waiting.


While I'm Waiting by John Waller 




You are strong because you have the Power and Might of the HOLY SPIRIT in you!







No comments:

Post a Comment